The grab hire industry is huge and Millions of pounds are invested into it every year. The fleet at Colson Transport has all the latest features and up to date maintenance to ensure the trucks operate reliably and at peak performance. Our owner Ryan Colson says “Our fleet of grab hire vehicles are state of the art, we always make sure we have the highest quality trucks to services our customers”.
The grab hire fleet at Colson Transport is regularly serviced and maintained to the highest levels for performance and safety. They come with fully qualified and trained to NCP level operator drivers and we also offer a full range of domestic and commercial aggregates to our clients across Nottingham, Leicester and Derby.
We are leaders in our field when it comes to grab hire. So we thought you would enjoy finding out a few facts and figures about these amazing machines. Here are as few things you may not know about our grab hire fleet trucks:
If your job involves a large amount of waste or heavier loads, your best option is the 8 wheel grab truck. It is our biggest vehicle and it has some whopping monster features to go with it:
- Our grab hire trucks weigh 16 tonnes when they are empty.
- A 16 tonne grab hire truck can reach a staggering maximum authorised mass of 32 tonnes with a full load – that’s a massive 16 tonnes and 15 cubic meters of material, on average.
- Our grab hire trucks are 3 meters wide.
- The space required to operate these grab hire trucks properly is 3.8m of headroom and 2m for the hydraulic arm. In total, you need 6m of space for optimum functionality.
- Our grab hire team can complete a waste removal job in as fast as 15 minutes from time of arrival depending on location of waste and amount needed to be removed.
- Our grab hire lorry arms can reach up to 8 meters with a double extension added.
For smaller loads, or projects that require a skip on premises for a few weeks, our skip hire services are a great choice for DIY or residential or home projects. We have a wide range of skip hire options from skip bags to roll on roll off large size containers. Click here to find out more about our skip hire services.
Waste Materials Our Grab Hire Trucks Can Carry
On average, our 8 wheel grab hire vehicles can carry up to 15 cubic meters of material – whether that is landfill waste, recyclable waste or aggregates.
We try to recycle as much as we possibly can and try to stay as far away from landfill sites as much as possible. Even so our grab trucks are capable of removing general rubbish, hazardous waste, building site debris and recyclable or reusable waste. Here’s a list of things we can and cannot accept in our grab hire loads:
Recyclable Waste Perfect For Grab Hire
- Earth & soil
- Non Hazardous Waste
- Concrete bricks
- Garden & Tree Waste
- Topsoil & hardcore
Waste That Will Go To a Landfill Site
- General Rubbish
- Some types of hazardous waste
Hazardous Waste That Cannot Be Removed
- Gas bottles
- Paints & oils
With the Colson Transport grab hire service, our qualified driver operators will collect your waste materials quickly and efficiently with our fleet of high quality grab hire trucks in Nottingham.
Simply give us a call on 0115 929 1297, leave your waste in a convenient place for collection and we’ll do the rest.
Colson Transport offer fast and reliable grab hire services in the following ares: